Hooray for 3-day weekends! Who else is off on Monday? I don’t have classes on Mondays so I technically don’t have a day off, but JB and everybody else does sooooo…
lazy relaxing days ahead for me. And not a day too soon, people. I am in desperate need of this weekend. Bring. It. On.
This week has been awesome for me, fitness-wise. I’m killing it on the treadmill, and I will be for a little bit longer since last weekend’s long run was such an epic fail, thanks to my stomach. I’m loving my morning routine that allows me to get my workout done between morning clients and 9:30am Physics class. I’m jamming out at Flywheel with my favorite homies. I am just killing it!
And according to this week’s Fitness News, all my running intervals and Flywheel-ing are far better than my long runs anyway…read on, friends.
- Apparently, endurance exercise is now being looked at as “the worst form of exercise”.
- …and interval training is the best way to improve your health and fitness.
- Don’t tell Lance Armstrong that. He finished SECOND at his first triathlon and was not too happy about it.
- Shout out to the Millrose Games Women’s Distance Medley Relay champions, the team from New York Athletic Club (my old high school teammate is the lead-off runner–wicked fast, right?)
- Every single one of you should read this article about the slippery slope from “watching what you eat” to “obsessing over every morsel” and it can be disastrous.
- Buuuuut, if you’re refueling with too many energy bars, you my be overdoing is on ARSENIC. What the..?!?!
- Sore muscle remedies. I, personally, have a love/hate/despise relationship with The Ice Bath.
- The blame game of who should be fixing the obesity epidemic in America rages on. This week’s loser? The government.
- I’m sure there’ll be plenty of blame to go around for the raising of the NYC marathon prices: $225 just to run! Crazy. I will see you all at the Marine Corps Marathon.
- And finally, things that piss off your yoga instructor…or any instructor, for that matter.
Well, folks. That’s all for this week. I am off to enjoy my 3-day weekend. I hope you do, too!
Now go out and run!