Happy, happy Friday! I don’t know why, but this weekend couldn’t come fast enough for me. I’m ready to relax and spend time with JB–he is currently addicted to Flywheel Sports just like me. So awesome. He kills it on every ride. 400+ on the Torque Board last night. What?!
Do you cross train on the bike? It’s my personal favorite. That and doing a HIIT in the gym. Love it. Anyway, here’s what’s going on in the Fitness World this week:
- Rowing is becoming a popular option for cross training. Do you row?
- Not Fitness News, but did you hear? The dog didn’t get $15 million from ‘ol Leona. That went to digestive disease research. Hooray!
- Gender bias in health care is costing women $1 billion more annually. Whaaaaattt?!!
- Lightweight running shoes beat out bare feet in a recent study.
- And forefoot running basically cures compartment syndrome.
- Chocolate milk aids in post-long run recovery. Shame I can’t have it😦
- Post-menopausal women should work out…and so should everyone else!
- Yawn. I already reported on this, Runner’s World. And funny enough, they recorded this video right before we did our interview!
- Well, what do you expect from Vogue?
- Ever consider smoking your herbal tea? Eeeeek.
- Hot outside? Hold something cold to get through those long workouts.
- And when you finish your marathon, be sure to take plenty of time to recover to avoid burnout.
- …cuz here’s what can sometimes happen when you, sadly, get burned out (Brave choice, Ali! I support you!)
- For all you marathoners out there, enter to win the VIP package to the 2013 Big Sur Marathon. So cool!
I’m off to enjoy my weekend. I hope you are doing the same right now. See you next week.
Oh, and mark your calendars for the Star-Studded Total Body Tune Up hosted by me and my team over at the E. 66th St. lululemon and featuring the magic of Dr. Shure from Madison Square Wellness and our favorite yogi, Lara Benusis. Get all fixed up for racing season with us!
Now go out and run!