First off, I’d like to thank Samantha and the team over at Fitness Magazine for selecting me as one of their “Fit Bloggers We Love” and featuring me on their website. I’m honored to be chosen and I thank you all very much for the compliment. I feel very fancy.
Secondly, I want to thank Maggie over at Fat Bottom Slim for including our BRick workout as her Top 5 Workouts of 2011. Maggie attended both BRick workouts and ran both times. Yes, she was there for the ridiculously snowy/slushy 2nd BRick run in a blizzarding Central Park. Smart? Maybe not. But we sure had fun! Thanks, Maggie!
These two very cool honors are leaving me with a serious high going into the last day of the year. But I’m not going to get into all that year-end retrospective stuff today. I’m saving it for tomorrow’s *VERY SPECIAL WEEKEND POST* which will include my Runner’s World Holiday Streak recap as well. Hint: it’s been a roller coaster ride of a year.
In the mean time, let’s wrap up the fitness news this week.
- Doctors are really the ones who should be advising weight loss programs.
- Top 6 controversial Well + Good articles this year.
- Repetitive tanning is like drug addiction.
- Caffeinated soap…like coffee? I don’t get it. Someone please explain.
- The length of your foot could make you a better sprinter or distance runner.
- Amazing endurance feats of 2011.
- Slushies are good for keeping you cool during hot weather runs (make a note for when June comes around)
- Tips for getting a cheaper gym membership.
- Artificial hips are failing and costing us millions.
- The world’s oldest yoga teacher explains why she does what she does.
- The Atlanta Falcons embrace flexibility training. Bigger isn’t always better.
- One of the first scientists to link stress to illness died this week.
- It’s been a year of validation for integrative medicine. Hallelujah! Get into it.
And that’s all for this week. Did I miss anything? I tried to stay away from the end-of-the year stuff so that I can blab all about that tomorrow. So stay tuned for it! In the meant time, welcome to all of you who are clicking over from Fitness Magazine. I hope you come back and comment and get something out of this little blog of mine.
Are you participating in the Runner’s World Holiday Streak? How’s it going?
Did you reach or set a fitness goal this year? Tell me all about it!
See ya’ll tomorrow.
Now go out and run!