Quickly following Chicago are Marine Corps, New York, Philly, and California with dozens of smaller marathons sandwiched in and around the upcoming weekends. Translation: all my friends are getting into race mode!
Training for any race, especially a marathon, is an accomplishment in itself. And when you get to that start line, just remember just 5 things:
- You survived training (aka the hardest part!) & made it to the start line, ENJOY THE RACE!
- Today’s run is just a really, really long run, like any other weekend long run.
- It doesn’t matter what your time is, be proud of your accomplishment (I’m proud of you!).
- It’s going to hurt. Get over that and you’ll be ok.
- You are ready for this, trust your training and stick to your plan.
Good luck! Have a great race and be proud of yourself!
Now go out and run.