Obi-wan has rules for the gym in his house. Among them are, “The gym must be clean and tidy after your workout.” Common sense, you’d think. Noooooooooo. I have been to many a gym where the employees are the worst offenders where leaving a mess is concerned.
HUGE pet peeve.
Anyway, I was thinking as marathon season is upon us that maybe some unwritten runner commandments need to be written. Here are mine.
- Thou shalt not put down other runners’ race times.
- Thou shalt keep holy the Rest Day.
- Thou shalt not take Bart Yasso’s name in vain, except during Yasso 800s.
- Thou shalt not spit, snot rocket, or otherwise dispel of bodily fluids in the direction of another runner.
- Thou shalt not wear cotton. Like, ever.
- Thou shalt not falsely attempt to start in a faster corral.
- Thou shalt not wear clothes that smell prior to a run.
- Thou shalt not offer free advice to other runners unless explicitly asked.
- Thou shalt reciprocate the greeting of a fellow runner.
- Thou shalt not brag about one’s performance among those who are less fortunate.
These are the 10 Commandments for Runners according to Abby. What would you add to the list?
Now go out and run!