Happy, happy, happy Friday! I am experiencing an unusual amount of sleepiness this fine morning, so if I spell things wrong and links don’t work…blame my J-pouch for waking me up an hour before I needed to be up today.
Fail, J-pouch. Fail.
I am happy to report that I am 1/4 of the way towards meeting my goal for Team Challenge! Don’t forget to sign up for the Kick Ass 5K and a chance to win a trip for you and 9 friends to Acapulco, Mexico. Seriously.
I am less thrilled about allergy season descending upon us. Yuck. Then again, allergy season also coincides with it being birthday season sooooooooo…I’m not that mad.
But that’s not the news this week. This is:
- Muscle breakdown = muscle fatigue. Duh, but here’s the study.
- Tired of geting wait listed at your favorite studio? Here are some NYC studios that are hush-hush awesome (for now).
- What 2,000 calories looks like. Yowza.
- I condone stretching after you run, not before. That’s what yoga is for the next day.
- Hard hill runs = faster runner.
- Spinning in a pool. I dunno.
- How to decide on a gym membership.
- Yet another Active.com disaster. This time it was registering for the Marine Corps Marathon. Someone has got to get it together.
- The difference between organic and conventional.
- Less belly fat = greater fat burning capacity in women?
- Strength training, any kind of strength training, will make you faster. Hit the gym.
- Carbs help endurance athletes. End of story.
- Barefoot running causes injury? You don’t say…
- I can attest to having better runs with friends. Specifically, this week’s track workout with Birdie.
What did I miss? Is there a workout I need to try in NYC? One you’re rocking in your hometown this weekend? Who’s racing this weekend? Don’t forget to tell me so I can cheer you on!
Now go out and run.