Yesterday’s track workout with Birdie kicked my butt. She was doing ladders, I was doing stair-step repeats. We were both sprinting at breakneck pace all over the track. And man, oh man!, was it COLD out there.
It seems that I can’t do a track workout without it being #1. FREEZING and #2. WINDY. What is the deal? I know it’s on the East River but it’s not like it’s on the Atlantic Ocean. Gimme a break.
But we still gave our workouts our all and powered through, dry heaves and all. That workout is exactly why I was a lousy track runner: distances less than 15K are not for me.
The one thing I do like about running on a track is the home stretch. Finishing on a 100 meter straightaway is one of my favorite places to give that little extra something. I run a little harder (or not, maybe I’m just maintaing pace at that point–who knows?), I push a little more. I love that finish line.
I have a harder time giving a little extra something in the gym. All I can think about is doing too much and hurting myself. It happened in spin class once and I ended up with a really angry TFL.
So I tend to steadily increase my weight and difficulty of exercises. In my professional opinion, this is a much safer way to go for more difficult, strenuous actions.
I’m SO EXCITED to share with you a very special person and family friend who gave a little extra something to add to the already awesome raffle prize pool. Are you ready? Hold onto your hats!!!
**7 night stay for 10 people in a beautiful villa in Acapulco, Mexico**
Your own 5-bedroom villa in Acapulco for a week, including:
- 20,000 sq. ft. of luxury overlooking Acapulco Bay
- 5 air-conditioned bedrooms, each with en suite bathroom
- 2 swimming pools
- Breathtaking gardens with waterfall
- A full-time staff of 4
(Flights and transportation are not included)
I’m totally serious. This is something you can win and here’s how you can get more raffle opportunities:
- $15 donation gets you one entry and a race bib for the Kick Ass 5K, every additional $10 gets you another entry (don’t forget to email me that you donated!).
- If you’re already registered, each additional $10 gets you another entry.
- Sharing the Kick Ass 5K on your blog or Twitter gets you another entry (don’t forget to send me the link so I can credit you!)
- Sending me a picture of you wearing your race bib on race day (April 9th) gets you another race entry.
- Donate to my fundraising page, no need to participate in the 5K.
A couple of things:
- The raffle will close on Friday, June 7th at noon. Only donations up to that point will be considered to be entered into the raffle.
- The raffle winners will be announced the week of June 9th (when I get back from the race).
- Winers will be contacted via the email you give to Active.com when you donated.
- Winners will have ONE WEEK to respond to me to claim their prize. After that, another winner will be chosen.
Phew. Things just got real, y’all. Help me meet my $20,000 goal. Viva la Mexico!
Now go out and run!