That would be YOU. You are a rock star. I cannot believe the outpouring of support and generosity from so many people over this past week. It’s truly overwhelming.
If you have not yet registered for the Kick Ass Virtual 5K, benefitting the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America, DO IT NOW! Click here for instructions. If you just want to donate, go directly to my fundraising page.
Raffle prizes are still rolling in, including these fabulous businesses (and more to come!).
Seriously, get in on this raffle!
Soooo…what else is going on in the fitness world this week?
- One of your favorite bloggers was featured on Women’s Running Magazine‘s website (ahem).
- Speaking of IBD, UC patients admitted for surgery on weekends were 70% more likely to have complications. Scary.
- Concussion stats. Holy scary.
- The most secretive, impossible trail race in ultra-marathoning. I think I’ll stick with 26.2 on pavement, thanks.
- The Neon Run didn’t go so well in Phoenix and people want their money back.
- The Lance Armstrong Saga continues…in Spain.
- An incurable, inoperable brain tumor. But he still won a marathon.
- Experts weigh in on when it’s too hot to hold a race. I guess Badwater doesn’t count?
- Another yoga guru accused of sexual misconduct.
- Is it time for Paula to hang up her racing flats?
- This guy is intense, even for an ultra-marathon runner. I want to see his body when he’s 50 years old.
- Why race directors don’t like deferrals (Hint: it has to do with money. Shocker)
- Another Olympic medal winner has been accused of doping. This time, it’s a female runner who won the 1500 meters.
- Runners helping runners when things go very wrong at the Rock ‘n Roll in D.C. last week. THIS is sportsmanship at its finest.
That’s all I got. Did I miss anything?
Have a great weekend, everybody! And don’t forget to sign up for the Virtual 5K (run, bike, swim, skip, elliptical, row) on Tuesday.
Now go out and run.