I will never understand why Jeneba Tarmoh pulled out of the run-off against Allyson Felix for a spot on the Olympics team. Never. I mean, it’s her decision and all that but MAN! What a decision to make. What would you have done?
This week has been kind of a study blur for me. As it turns out, next week will be, too. And the week after that until the end of August. Oh well. So, here’s what I missed this week. You guys are probably totally caught up. Bear with me. There’s some cool stuff happening around town.
- Jeneba gave an interview about her decision. I still don’t get it.
- An Olympic weight-lifter who’s broke and can’t get sponsorship. Why? One guess.
- Runner’s World sums up the Olympic Track & Field trials for those of us who were studying for Histology.
- The “Blade Runner” is headed to the Olympics. So cool.
- Olympic documentaries to get you fired up for the London Games.
- It may be too late for the NYC Tri competitors this weekend, but let’s break down the perfect stroke.
- Seventeen magazine says it won’t retouch one photo per month. Wow. That’s progress (note: sarcasm).
- Just a reminder to all my friends who started marathon training this week:
- This couple ran the Peachtree on Wednesday, just not on the same continent.
- The great fat debate continues…
- …and let’s all say it together, “High protein diets are not the answer.“
- “No Pain, No Gain” is crap. Hard work = gain.
- Don’t forget about the workout clothing drive at my lululemon store is happening NOW!
AND LAST BUT CERTAINLY NOT LEAST: Ali’s awesome boyfriend Brian (who owns his own ad agency) put together this AWESOME display in NYC’s Rockefeller Center for the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America to bring awareness to our crappy disease.
There is also a really cool contest where you could win tickets to Newsies and dinner by taking a picture with the shark and posting it to Twitter with the hashtag #CCFAShark. If you win and can’t go, I will happily take your place 🙂 This raises so much awareness for my disease, one that affects 1 in every 200 Americans, and I am thrilled that this display will be in Rockefeller Center for the month of July. If you stop by, tweet me (@Abby_NYC) so I can give you a shout-out!
Have a great weekend everyone! Good luck to Maggie (who is racing her first tri) and all the athletes at the NYC Tri this weekend. Who else is running? Has marathon training kicked off for you? How’s it going? The heat. Oh, the heat!
Now go out and run!