I feel like I should put a disclaimer on the top of my blog that says:
THIS BLOGGER IS NOW A DOCTORAL CANDIDATE IN PHYSICAL THERAPY AND WILL BE ABSENT FROM TIME TO TIME. PLEASE DON’T JUDGE.
Yesterday’s second orientation confirmed what I have been told all along, this will be the hardest semester in my career. Every single graduate, current student, professor, security guard and custodian has reinforced this statement.
Translation: I will be under a rock for the next eight weeks.
No weddings, bridal showers, parties, drinks, dinner with friends, weekend getaways, long bubble baths or afternoons spent sunbathing in Central Park. I will be the whitest girl in NYC come August when I finally emerge. The whitest, but one semester closer to graduating, so YAY!
My goal is to keep up and do well. My goal for the blog is also to keep up. However, if you don’t hear from me from time to time, rest assured I am just fine but cannot be disturbed for fear of failing Histology sometime in the next four weeks and Anatomy after that. Everybody ok with that? Great.
So, what’s news this week?
- US Track & Field Olympic Trials start next week. Sadly, Deena Kastor will not be running.
- Speaking of Olympics, the ladies representing the USA in the marathon are also committed to Boston 2013.
- Lance Armstrong is again being accused of doping. You know, you can only cry FOUL so many times…
- Exercise is bad for you? Please, please, please stop going by what a single study says and do what feels good to you.
- I am “agreeable” and “calm”. *snort* Really?!?! Clearly, we haven’t met.
- NYC & Citi have teamed up for a bike program. It’s great…in theory.
- Cameras used in a locker room to catch a thief. Yay or nay?
- Not everything has to be a competition. Oh, this is Bikram Choudury’s pet project? Shocker. Will he try to trademark this, too?
- The physiological effects of running, sprinting and jogging.
- Oh, but you won’t be able to do any of it at Asphalt Green Battery Park City. It’s delayed. Again. Like the 2nd Ave. Subway.
And there you have it folks, the news this week. Three cheers for those of you running/racing this weekend, especially all my friends braving the Hudson in the NYC Tri today! How did your race/run go today? I’m thinking a nice, long walk will be in store for me…just as soon as JB wakes up.
Now go out and run!