Welcome back to all the fitness news you might have missed this week! It’s been a while, I know. But it’s summertime and we’re all working our hardest to wear the short shorts, skimpy bikinis and muscle T’s. Me? I have worn my bikini once this year and once is all that will happen for me until next summer. I’m fine with that since I’m working on walking more than 15 minutes at a time (go, me!).
But you folks, on the other hand, have already hit the ground running and are sweating it out in the hot summer temperatures to have the best body ever for the July 4th BBQs. Well, here we go, folks. Happy summer!
- Well + Good puts out a summertime guide to working out in NYC. It’s so awesome! Do you have one like this for your city?
- Misty May-Treanor says Olympic training is a lot like everyday athlete. Riiiiiiight.
- Ultramarathoner Scott Jurek has gone vegan and so has Lance Armstrong, sort of.
- Equinox has something touted as a “Baywatch Body” workout. Anyone tried this?
- Even the pros have foot problems and bloody socks. We’ve all been there, Kara, we feel your pain.
- Before you have a medical procedure done, Check on EVERYTHING.
- I don’t put too much stock into such a small sampling, but I do wish they’d start looking at nutrition and strength with regards to injuries and not just weight.
- Are race organizers responsible for the health and injuries of bandit runners at their races?
- NYC gets big by the biking bug.
- If you’re out in Montauk, hit up the newly renovated Surf Lodge. Looks swanky.
- Of course fitness capacity is partly genetics. OF COURSE.
What did I miss? What races are you running this weekend? If you’re around the city on Saturday and looking for a great way to sweat, pop by the lu-athalon happening at my E. 66th St. lululemon store. It’s going to be awesome! Say hi to my favorite people for me🙂
Now go out and run!