Oh, Friday, how I love thee. Friday means a light school day, work day and date night. And what’s on tap for date night this week?
Golden Gloves Finals!!!! (are they the Finals? I don’t really know. I’m just the arm candy tonight) The event itself isn’t not nearly as interesting as the spectators themselves and the way that they react to the fights. So fun.
And don’t forget to stop by the lululemon athletica store on E. 66th St. & 3rd Ave. between 8:30-10am THIS SUNDAY for the Star Studded Total Body Tune-Up, hosted by yours truly. You know how I’ve never missed a marathon due to injury (or anything else)? Come and find out why, courtesy of Dr. Shure and Lara Benusis. It’ll be fun! Stay for yoga! Stay for run club!
In other news, eat more chocolate.
- No, really. EAT MORE CHOCOLATE (the good kind, anyway).
- And if you overdo it on the chocolate, don’t worry. We women don’t have to wear a skimpy two-piece on the beach volleyball courts anymore.
- More bad stuff about BPA in your plastic containers (pssst…could it lead to obesity?).
- Some people believe they will lose weight faster/have a better workout working out at higher temperatures. Thoughts? Let us all please remember what happened to Korey Stringer in 90° heat in Minnesota. Be safe, ya’ll.
- And here are 5 other things NOT to do during your workout.
- The lucky ducks in Connecticut better be ready to ROCK. My favorite Flywheel Sports is coming!
- Here are some of the other HOTTEST fitness classes happening around the country.
- But if you’re just looking to get faster, trick yourself.
- Oh, look. Vibram is being sued. Shocker.
- Pinterest is taking a stand on Thinspiration Boards and other eating disorder-supporting images.
- And, finally, a homecoming video that makes me so happy. Love.
Ok, everybody. Have an amazing weekend and I hope to see all of you on Sunday morning! Come by any time between 8:30-10am. Run fast. Run far.
Now go out and run!