I don’t know about the rest of the country, but NYC had some seriously beautiful weather this weekend. I am TOTALLY ready for Spring…and not just because Spring means JB’s birthday, my birthday, the end of the semester and the beginning of school. No, no, no. Springtime in New York is AMAZING.
Springtime is also when we runners shake out the cobwebs and hit the races again. Some runners are waaaaaay ahead of the pack and are running marathons this weekend (Go Jessica!). What better way to get back into the swing of things than with a fun run? What could be better than getting dressed up and hitting the road for a few fun miles with friends!
Here are a few runs coming up in various parts of the country that sound like a very good time:
- Dress up in your Irish best and hit the Runnin of the Green 7K in Denver.
- The Clemson, SC Easter Bunny Run Half-Marathon & 5K has an Easter Egg Hunt. You know what that means–chocolate!
- The Divas Marathon series is everywhere and a BLAST! Coming to Honolulu, San Francisco, Myrtle Beach and Long Island.
- Any of the Rock ‘n Roll series is a guaranteed party.
- There’s a costume contest at the San Diego Mud Run in two weeks. So fun!
- Show your Texas Pride at the Lone Star 5K/10K in Arlington, TX.
- And don’t forget the Zazzle Bay to Breakers 12K in San Francisco.
When was the last time you looked goofy in a race picture on purpose?
Races don’t always have to be stressful. In fact, shouldn’t running, above all, be FUN? If you’re not having fun at least part of the time, you may want to re-think the whole idea of running. In the mean time, search your closet for some wild tresses and sign up for one of these races or another one (check active.com for races in your area) and have some fun!
What’s your favorite fun run? Have you ever dressed up for a race? Clearly, I have. I love a costume run. Care to share? Tell me all about it.
Now go out and run!