It is a cruel, cruel world when Girl Scout cookies are delivered the day before Lent starts.
Thankfully, Thin Mints are better frozen.
Onward, friends. Happy Friday! I am doing my taxes this weekend, what about you? I’d reeeeeally rather be planning a lazy Saturday in my pajamas (read: my usual) instead, but Uncle Sam would probably have something to say about skipping taxes this year.
‘Til the time when I can have my personal assistant do all my dirty work, here is what you might have missed in the Fitness world this week:
- Colonoscopys: all the cool kids are doing it (and preventing cancer!).
- Debate alert! Tumblr is going to stop promoting self-harming blogs, posts, etc. Free speech infringement or protecting the public?
- Chest pain isn’t the only sign of a heart attack, especially for women!
- Tips on how to eat health on a budget (hint: don’t exclusively shop at Whole Foods).
- Beyonce reportedly had her trainer move in with her in order to lose the baby weight. Thoughts? I certainly have some…
- So sad. A little girl is dead after being forced to run for 3 hours for eating a chocolate bar (read on, there are nuances to the story).
- This Colorado girl knows all about altitude running and now you do, too.
- Working out increases cognitive function. It’s science.
- Gluten-intolerance is a disease, not a diet choice.
- Are powdered greens as good as the raw stuff? Juicers, read up on this one.
- Hydration is a hot topic. Too much water is just as big of a problem as too little.
- “Live Big”?! I think not, Taco Bell.
- And lastly, cardiovascular exercise may make you smarter. Duh. That’s why I got into NYU.
Anybody racing this weekend? Running a crazy long run? I’ll probably knock out 10 or so again on Sunday and, yes, I’ll be doing it on the treadmill. Don’t judge. Outdoors isn’t an option just yet. I’m not loving the endless miles on the ‘mill, but it has given me an opening for a cool opportunity next week. Stay tuned for that!
Now go out and run!