Celebrate good times, COME ON!!!
Kool and the Gang know what’s up. This is gonna be me tonight! Celebrating my acceptance to NYU (hopefully people will come!) with my friends and family.
AND to make things even better, one of my oldest, bestest friends in the wide world is in town with her husband. I get to show her Central Park. We will, of course, be running on Saturday morning and then taking them to only the coolest spots in town. Can’t wait.
Let the fun begin! But first, let’s catch up on the Fitness News this week.
- Stretching pre-race and sitting around quietly yield the same performance benefits.
- Does yoga count as cardio? Ummm…NO.
- And also, keep your clothes on in class at Jivamukti OR ELSE.
- The Paula Deen fallout continues…her publicist quit over her new money-making deal.
- High heels aren’t great for you. Shocking. I thought limping after a night of standing in my 3″ heels was normal.
- Doing a variety of plyometrics on various planes can help sprint performance. Kris Kross will make ya Jump! Jump!
- Is there a correlation between obesity and acne?
- …but going vegetarian won’t automatically make you skinny.
- Prisons are awfully expensive and the cost is only going up as inmates get older and get sick.
- Ultramarathoners suffer primarily from blisters and chafing. Are you surprised?
- I am sick of actresses telling magazines that they don’t obsess about their weight. I DON’T BELIEVE YOU.
And there you go. Comments? Questions? Did I miss something? Holler back, ya’ll.
Now go out and run!