Happy Veteran’s Day! Some of you may or may not know it, but I’m married to a Marine.
This means I know all sorts of random Marine Corps facts, like 10 November is the Marine Corps Birthday (NOT November 10th, 10 November) acronyms and the Marine Corps Hymn by heart. Even though JB’s been “out” of the Corps for a few years now, he’ll never stop being a Marine and I’ll always be proud of his service to our country and his continuing dedication to the Corps. Oorah! (And Happy *late* Birthday, Marines) My thanks to the other men and women who have and are serving in all branches of our military.
On that note, here’s what’s news in the Fitness World this week:
- Speaking of Marines, there’s a battle going down in Manhattan for your boot camp soul. Who knew the hell those Marines went through in boot camp would provide a model for a career for many of them? Even one of my favorite Flywheel instructors is a Marine!
- Sergeant Abbie Brown, Army National Guard, says her Brooks sneakers comforted her while she was at war.
- In honor of 11/11/11 and Veteran’s Day, the folks over at the Rock ‘n Roll races are offering a discount TODAY ONLY on all of the races in their upcoming series.
- The IAAF overturned their previous decision and is now allowing Paula Radcliffe’s record to stand. It’s about damn time!
- Demon kettlebells. The new rage?
- The Freshman 15 debunked.
- Adriana Lima is getting heat for her prep diet for the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. I gotta say, I don’t condone it but I don’t have to walk down a runway in front of millions of people naked. To be fair, I’ve met her several times and she always looked very healthy to me.
- And finally, if you just can’t get enough of reading about recaps from the NYC Marathon runners, here are a few more for you.
Have a great weekend, everyone. JB and I will finally be dining at ABC Kitchen to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary. Can’t wait!
Now go out and run!