I can’t believe it’s December. I can’t believe my PhD applications are in. I can’t believe it’s time to get a Christmas tree. I can’t believe I ran a marathon less than two weeks ago. What happened to November? Ready or not, here we come, December!
So, what’s news this week? Well, a lot actually. End-of-the year articles are starting to sprout up all over the place and the media world seems to universally taking stock of how fit/not fit we all are as the year comes to a close. The other stuff is pretty much all about what to buy your favorite fitness buff for the holidays. I’m going to try and get some science in here, so bear with me.
And we’re off!
- If you’re in NYC, the free fitness opportunities abound. luluemon athletica SoHo has 12 Days of Fitness that kicked off this week and my family at the E. 66th St. store have paired with Flywheel Sports UES on E. 67th St. to offer free spin classes every week for the month of December. No excuses, people.
- It’s not fitness, but I’m digging the Groupon for Omaha Steaks ($45!) that’s available today.
- Rockettes have great legs (trust me, I train one of them), try some of their favorite exercises. I train my Rockette a little differently, but I’m loving that Melinda featured the clam shell and bottoms up!
- Exercise is good for your brain. And everything else.
- Don’t believe everything you see in magazines, Photoshop use is rampant. Some are even trying to get Congress to pass a law that would have magazines disclose their use (or overuse) of the much-loved skinnyfication tool. Thoughts?
- Did you know the size and COLOR of your plate affects how much you eat?
- Bondi Bands add levity to just about any workout. Great stocking stuffer.
- December 1-7 has been declared the FIRST EVER Crohns & Colitis Awareness Week by Congress via Senate Resolution 199. Hug and IBD patient today! Hug me!
- My professional opinion as a trained and nationally certified fitness expert is that this article makes very important and accurate points about form, or lack there-of. I’m not going to knock it entirely since it gets people moving, but enough experts weigh in to maybe make you think…
That’s all I got, guys. I hope you’re having a great Friday and have all sorts of motivating fitness plans this weekend. I’m going to probably sleep and run and study. In that order.
Now go out and run!