You know when Alice falls down the Rabbit Hole and the world is upside down and inside out, what’s black is white and what’s white is black and the cat talks? That’s how I felt studying for my Physics exam this week. Which is kinda backwards because the world obeys the Laws of Physics and what’s up is up and what’s down is down. Nope, not to me. It’s my own personal nightmare.
Wah, wah, wah. I know. No more bellyaching about that since it’s awesome that I get to go to school and learn and be wicked smaaaaaht, so enough about that. But that’s why I completely forgot to blog yesterday. Slipped my mind. Didn’t even remember until today that I didn’t yesterday and, actually, I thought I might have done it and forgotten I’d done it. Not so. I plain ‘ol forgot.
But enough about me. As the warm weather kicks in, the Fitness News is piling up.
- RIP Micah True, whom we lost this week. Run strong, friend.
- Can we please talk about how awesome it is that a 60 year-old woman is breaking running records?
- Also, have I told you lately how I have famous friends who rock? Yeah, I do…Dorothy is rocking out in this badass video.
- Running is the most natural thing our bodies can do (says ESPN).
- This 10 year-old girl is breaking weight-lifting records. I am heartily against this. It is not OK. For you anatomy/physiology geeks out there, her epiphyseal plates have not yet formed and her bones are not fully grown, so unnecessary stress on them could prevent the proper growth of the bones. Thoughts?
- I love the idea that technology can help you on your fitness journey–these apps can help.
- Guys, Boston is right around the corner and people are attempting to break some records.
- This makes me feel better about getting smoked in marathons by the big dudes.
- People who work out are smarter. It’s science.
- This promising basketball player is quitting–and she has a pretty amazing reason.
- “Active” couch potatoes. Huh?
- The hipster Moms & Dads in Park Slope want to ban ice cream trucks ’cuz they feel bad saying no to their kids. Seriously?
- Maybe they should take some tips from this article about trimming down. Nothing groundbreaking here, but helpful nonetheless.
- Lastly, this will make your day. I promise. (Thanks, Hillary!) A sneak preview:
Can’t get enough of funny kid/baby faces. Sorry. It’s my baby-making age showing. Whatever.
Happy Easter & Passover to my Christian and Jewish friends. Happy beautiful spring weekend to the rest of you. Anybody running this weekend? Anybody kicking fitness butt somewhere else? Tell me all about it!
Now go out and run.