I like cake.
I mean, what’s not to like?
As I honed my baking skills, I often made cakes for dessert. Lucky me, I have a big family and there was not usually too much left over for any one of use to indulge in for more than two days.
Not so now, as it’s only JB and me. Trouble in Bakery Land.
Thankfully, in New York City, there are plenty of places to get just one cupcake. And they are all different and hit the spot, depending on what I’m craving.
So why not pair two of my favorite things for one great cause?
Cupcakes + running + fundraising for Team Challenge = awesome way to spend a Saturday!
Hello, Cupcake Run!
- What: The Cupcake Run
- Where: Central Park 72nd Street Transverse at the top of the steps in front of Bethesda Fountain
- When: Saturday, May 25th at 8:30am
- Cost: $10 donation to the CCFA via my fundraising page OR $10 cash at the race
- Bonus: After the race, enjoy cupcakes from different local bakeries AND buy raffle tickets ($5/each) for my amazing raffle (psssst…don’t forget about the villa for 10 in Mexico that’s up for grabs!)
- Course: 4 mile 72nd St. Transverse to 102nd St. Transverse loop + 1 mile to the Lululemon store on 3rd Ave between 66th & 67th Sts. where the cupcakes will be!
How do you register in advance? Make a $10 (or more!) donation here. How do you show up and register? Bring $10 on the morning of the run and give it to me to get your race “bib”. Don’t forget to bring cash for the raffle!
- Is this an official race? No.
- Will there be time chips or a gun start? No.
- Is this a fun run that anyone can do? Yes.
- Do I have to run the whole 5 mile course? No.
- Will there be cupcakes for the runners bringing up the rear? As long as you’re at the store before 9:30am.
- Can I run it remotely? Sure. I just can’t ship you cupcakes!
Can’t wait to see you all out there next weekend. Don’t forget to tell your friends.
Admit it, you always want a cupcake after you run. Here’s your chance.
Now go out and run!