Hey ya’ll! So, I was so Fired Up yesterday (and don’t EVEN get me started on how
The Devil Rush Limbaugh is perpetuating the stereotype that women who exercise their reproductive rights are sluts…I will not be able to contain myself if we get going on THAT man) that I forgot to apologize for Wednesday’s blog fail.
It was a craaaaaaazy day. I tried, and failed, to blog one-handed while getting my IV treatment, which was administered in my doctor’s actual office since they were so packed! Thankfully, me and Boz are cool and he was like, “I know you gotta get to lab so let’s hang your IV off the shelf and you can stay here.” Thanks, Boz & KAP for getting me to class on time! I suffered through Physics lab (Dear God, please just let me get through this one last class! Amen.) and worked late. I was a very tired Abby when I walked through my apartment door at 8:00pm to find my husband asleep on the couch. I was out by 8:30. We’re party animals, I know. Don’t be jealous.
This weekend should be low-key for me. I’m still celebrating my 6 mile run outside on Tuesday night and hopeful that I’ll be able to repeat that on Sunday. Who knows? I might just be on the mend. But enough about me, here’s what’s news out there in the fitness world. I tell ya, it’s getting ugly in Yogaland.
- John Friend, founder and former CEO of Anusara Yoga is being accused of a lot of horrible things.
- There’s a rumor that the popular former Anusara instructor Elena Brower left because of the accusations.
- In other bad karma news, the man who won the Cowtown Marathon was disqualified. Can you guess why? (Hint: “Bandit Fail”)
- At least he’s running, fewer doctors are prescribing exercise for overweight and obese patients. I can’t understand this.
- Is your doctor telling you the truth? Maybe not.
- The least obese state in America? My old stomping grounds: Colorado, baby! See how your state ranked.
- Hydration is a hot topic as more and more people get into endurance sports. Check this color chart to see where you stand.
- If you’re sleep-deprived, yoga might be the answer. Though, I do NOT recommend doing these in bed.
- Vegans aren’t making any friends with this video.
- Let’s end on a happier note, shall we? READ THIS STORY NOW. I dare you not to cry.
Have a great weekend, everyone! Good luck to all who are racing. Anybody marathon-ing this weekend? I want to hear all about it.
Now go out and run!