Happy weekend, friends. This week was intense. Between “intensive” week at school, putting together the BostonStrongNYC run, and finishing up with my training for the Long Branch Half Marathon, I’m spent. Good thing I start my rotation tomorrow…
Congratulations to all the Eugene, Big Sur, NIKE Women’s DC and everyone else who raced this weekend. How did you do?
The running world is starting to get back to normal-ish. I know there have been changes to the Finish Line protocol at the New Jersey Marathon/Long Branch Half Marathon next weekend. Anyone else know of any big changes to pass along?
- I’m happy to report (or to pass on the report) that only 30-something people injured at the Boston marathon remain in the hospital as of yesterday. Sadly, at least 14 of the victims had to have a limb amputated. I’m grateful that there are other people who have had traumatic amputations in adulthood who have been to speak with them and encourage them to that life will go on, including Achilles founder Dick Traum and Marine Sergeant Gabe Ramirez.
- And as you may have seen earlier this week, the entire running community is here to support the victims and their families. We hope that came across in the BostonStrong<city> runs that were held Monday all over the world! You can read about BostonStrongNYC from Christine, Kassandra, Michelle, Theodora, and Gia.
- There are many businesses donating proceeds to The One Fund, including: Erica Sara Designs, Adidas, Sparkly Soul Headbands, and Oiselle. Are there others that I can tell people about? Tell me! I’m happy to good gossip about companies.
- Behind this beautiful Boston Magazine cover.
- Past Boston champs are chipping in their support for Boston 2014.
- Kebede and Jeptoo won London and in case you’re inspired and gearing up for Boston 2014, here’s the skinny (so far).
- In case you were wondering if cavemen/women would have qualified for Boston.
- You may or may not need more motivation to work out.
- How running a marathon has become BIG business.
- But if you’re taking NSAIDs before a race, definitely think twice.
- Double the workout double the fun?
- Maybe you don’t need that cool down after all…
- …or the ibuprofen beforehand.
- The best running stroller for your mommy/daddy running adventures.
- A participant died during a recent Tough Mudder event. Still going or steer clear?
- Last but certainly not least, a long island middle schooler with Cerebral Palsy competes in a wrestling match. Just awesome.
Hope everyone had a great weekend. Posts may be sporadic as I try to figure out my schedule at the hospital. Safe to say I’ll be plenty busy!
Now go out and run!