Did everyone have a good Thanksgiving? I hope you are all stuffed to the gills with pie and turkey and love and thanks! Hey, did you hear that I’m streaking? Did you get your streak on last night? I hit up the Outlaws’ neighborhood roads down here in Florida after everyone had left for a quick 3-miler, my first real run after the marathon, and managed to clock sub-8:00 minute miles. Sweet!
I know that some of you are going to be getting your workout on by MMA fighting the person in line next to you at Best Buy/Target/Bloomingdales this morning and good luck to you brave souls. I am going to take some of the Outlaws to the gym and show them how to get their post-Thanksgiving workout on New York-style. Look out, Florida!
So what’s happening in the world of health and fitness this week? Well, everyone is all about how not to gain weight around the holidays and how to portion control your meal. Too late today! In other news…
- For those of you who are away from home this weekend and can’t get into the gym, Men’s Health has a Hotel Workout just for you.
- Or, if you have a smart phone, you can download all sorts of helpful workout apps that will keep track of everything from your heart rate to your distance to your calories burned. Now that’s smart!
- If you’re going to head out for a run instead, be sure to do a safety checklist before you hit the road.
- Are you struggling with losing weight? Some of it is motivation, but some of it might be genetics. Either way, keep fighting!
- If you’re working out all the time and not seeing any results, there may be a reason for that and it’s not just genetics or motivation.
- I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, one exercise is never the answer for overall health and good fitness. Even yogis are figuring that out!
- And lastly, if you are looking to get a fitness lady in your life a little something-something for the holidays, I just say that luluemon has this gym essentials kit that has all my favorites bits and bobs in it!
Ok, everybody, get your streak on and we’ll check back in on Monday to see how it’s going.
Now go out and run!