Hey, hey, hey…it’s FRIDAY! I know it was a short week, but this has been a veeeeeery long week for me and I am glad to see it go. We’ve got a BIG weekend planned. Well, a BIG Saturday, at least. It’s gonna go like this:
9am: luluemon Madison Avenue opening party workout with Soul Cycle. I was invited to cycle in the middle of Madison Avenue @ 85th Street with the new team up at lululemon Madison Avenue. Come check us out! We’ll be the great, big cycling class happening in the middle of the street. No joke. I’ll be in the front
12:30pm: BRICK workout with Aleah Stander of Flywheel Sports followed by a 3 mile run lead by moi. Yikes! We may have a few bikes available, so stop by at 12:15 if you’re feeling lucky. If not, join us for the run starting from the E. 66th St. lululemon store at 1:30pm. See you there.
4pm: I’m was invited by Well + Good to join them at CLAY for a complimentary workout and discounts on spa treatments for the day. I’ve been dying to check CLAY out and am excited to see what their facilities look like. Thanks for the invite, W + G!
9:30pm: Official opening party at the luluemon Madison Avenue store. Come uptown and celebrate our new opening with me and my fabulous friends! If the husband and I decide to walk home, 16 Handles is on the way. I’m just sayin’.
When do I have a packed schedule like this on a Saturday? Ummm, never. So, long run will have to wait til Monday, which is fine. Do you ever have a weekend like that? When your long run seems like an impossibility? If I’m feeling up to it, I’ll try to do it Sunday, but 20 miles after two cycling classes and a 3 mile BRICK run just doesn’t seem smart.
Anyway, here’s what’s going on in the fitness world this week:
- Smaller, boutique gyms are taking over. I kind of love this. If Blink was nearer to my apartment, I’d totally join because I’m a bare-bones kind of girl at the gym. Alas, it’s downtown. I will still rock my favorite studios, though!
- We could all stand to step back from the hype and eat REAL food.
- Remember when I wore a running skirt? NYT totally tried to steal my thunder. In related news, Erica Sara looks fierce in hers!
- China is trying to get in shape.
- Experts back me up about the whole don’t-run-a-marathon-late-in-your-pregnancy thing.
- Downy has made something that is supposed to make your workout clothes stink less for longer. I don’t know if I want lavender wafting into my nose during hot yoga…thoughts?
- I wholeheartedly believe that if you are disenchanted with running you should try a Tri!
- Good slideshow about the myths of muscles.
What are you doing this weekend? Anything in the news that I missed? Wishing all the ladies running the Nike Women’s Half & Full Marathon this weekend lots of luck and sunshine! Have a great weekend, everyone.
Now go out and run!